The following donors have made gifts to Seedleaf during the last week:
- Donna Redd Elder
- Stella’s Kentucky Deli (for the Dining Out for Good event)
- Lily Brislin
- Sandy Canon
- Barbara Quisenberry
And special thanks for these sustaining donors who make a monthly contribution (this helps us in a big way as we plan our spring/summer programming):
- John Watkins
- Krista Jacobson
We could not offer all our programming without the ongoing help of our volunteers and financial supporters!
We are getting rained out once again on a Saturday. The following events will be postponed:
- Seedleaf 101 (Alternate date/time TBA)
- London Ferrill Community Garden–Rescheduled for May 25th
- North Pole Community Garden–Rescheduled for May 25th
So sorry for the inconvenience, but glad for the rain–enjoy!
It has already happened four times this week–graduates of our Master Community Gardener/Composter trainings have been helping broaden Seedleaf’s reach in tangible ways. Here are some examples:
- Master Community Composter Sherry Maddock offers a home consult for a Lexington resident with questions about gardening and composting (yes–we do this!–contact us: email@example.com)
- Master Community Gardener Andrea Holliger (with special guest John Walker) orchestrate work at the Goodloe Community Garden
- Master Community Gardener Eva Nyerges orchestrates work at the North Pole Community Garden
- Master Community Composter Warren Moore picks up compostable material at the Weekly Juicery and at Town Branch Market and takes that to one of our community gardens
Our volunteers are helping us in an ongoing and meaningful way, helping us sustain our work through a busy season. Thanks so much to you hardworking folks!
More to come tomorrow and Saturday (weather permitting!) Visit our volunteer calendar to see where and when.
Saturday, May 11, London Ferrill Community Garden work at 10:00 is cancelled. Sleep in and thank Mother Nature for the rain once again! Or visit the Farmer’s Market on a bustling Saturday morning.
North Pole Community Garden work will continue as planned from 1:00-3:00. Thanks!