So spring is all the way here, complete with timely rains, hot days, and cool nights. To that end, we want to extend a welcome for you to join us in our community gardens and help us keep these spaces productive. Here are more details:
- Tuesday, May 8th, 4-5pm Gainesway Community Garden (3430 Milano Rd)–Maintenance, watering, weeding, harvesting at the garden behind the Gainesway Community Garden.
- Friday, May 11th, 10-11:30 Withrow Community Garden (corner of Withrow and E. Third)–Watering, weeding, and harvesting radishes; planting tomatoes!
- Saturday, May 12th, 10am-2pm Growing Communities–an event orchestrated by Fayette County Cooperative Extension–Gardening workshops through the morning and early afternoon.
- Saturday, May 12th, 10am-noon London Ferrill Community Garden (235 E. Third St)–Watering, weeding, harvesting at the garden beside Fire Station #1.
- Saturday, May 12, 1pm-3pm North Pole Community Garden (908 North Limestone)–Watering, weeding, soil conditioning at our new garden on the north side.
Please RSVP by emailing email@example.com so we will know to expect you. Also, check our Facebook page or Twitter feed if you fear we are getting rained out.